Youth Support Network Ongoing Events:
- Arlington High School: Gay/Straight Alliance (GSA) meets on Thursdays after school.
- Ottoson Middle School (Arlington): Queer Straight Alliance (QSA) meets on Mondays after school.
- Boston Area Homeschoolers QSA: Tues. mornings from 10-12, Robbins Library conference room.
- Youth Queer Book Group at Robbins Library
- Queer Book Group (Adult and older teens) at Robbins Library in Arlington: Last Wednesdays of the month @ 7pm.
- LGBTQA Youth and Allies Drop In Night - 2nd Wednesdays at Robbins Library community room, run by BAHS QSA.
What's Up at Mystic LGBTQ+ Youth Support Network Friday drop-in at Arlington Center for the Arts:
This Friday: May 27th
Artist Bren Bataclan returns to finish the mural we started for the Arlington Food Pantry. Come paint will Bren, color in clever animated characters created by the attendees; hand-holding carrots, helpful lettuce, industrious ants, all under a giant happy rainbow of community. There will be lots snacks music to paint by. We will be finishing the mural in room 1, 3rd floor of the Arlington Center for the Arts, 41 Foster St.
We will unveil the mural at Arlington Food Pantry on Broadway. This is a celebration of our one-year anniversary. This will be outside of the food pantry on 117 Broadway, East Arlington. We will be hanging it there at 7:00pm. Hope to see you all there.
What Friday evenings are like:
- Meetings are 6-9 p.m. at the Arlington Center for the Arts, 41 Foster St. in Arlington.
- Come for part of the time, or the whole time. (When there is a speaker or program, that usually starts between 6:30 & 7:00 and moves into open discussion between 8:00 & 8:30.)
- Open to LGBTQ+ youth age 12 to high-school age (for the summer, this includes new grads).
- Snacks and water are provided.
- A generous grant from Boston Pride helps us fund interesting presenters twice each month.
Help run the program for yourself and other queer youth!
- Do you have ideas about what we should be doing? Do you want to help create a dynamic, ongoing organization serving LGBTQ+ youth in this area? Could you use some more community service hours for school, or a leadership role to add to your college application? Mystic LGBTQ+ Youth Support Network needs you!
- Youth Advisory Council meetings are one Monday evening/month, and one Friday at 5 p.m. before a Mystic LGBTQ+ youth meeting. In the future, YAC members may be elected by the members, but at this point, all you need to do is volunteer and show up! Email email@example.com, and we'll send you information.
Parent (& Caretakers) Support Group
For Gender Expansive, Transgender, Gender Questioning, Gender Non-Conforming, and Gender Variant Youth.
When: Thursdays At 6:30 pm. Starts January 7, 2015, Meets for 8 weekly sessions
Where: 730 Eastern Ave. Malden, MA
What: This is a safe place where parents can come and discuss what they are going through, a place for psychoeducation, and/or a place to create social support contacts.
Email: Aimee Mills-Viscovich @ firstname.lastname@example.org or
call 781-388-6273 to register or for more information
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
We had our first Junior QSA event. This is something we’ve been discussing for a while. We want to provide a space where younger members of the homeschooling community can participate in discussions about LGBTQ+ topics and issues. We have discovered that most people do not consider that these topics apply to a younger population. However, in recent years, children have been coming out earlier and earlier. It is also important for all kids to have an opportunity to learn about LGBTQ+ information from knowledgeable older youth and adults. To address this gap, we have taken the step of dedicating our first meeting of every month to welcoming people 12 and under.
Every first Tuesday of the month is Junior QSA, for people ages 12 and under who are interested in supporting each other, fighting for social justice, educating one another and the community and having fun! Fruit and water provided.
Wini and Eli BAHS QSA Members
The Boston Area Homeschoolers’ Queer-Straight Alliance meets every Tuesday from 10:00 to noon in the Fox Library branch community room. The BAHS QSA is a safe, confidential space where youth can come together to:
-Support each other
-Fight for social justice
-Educate each other and the community
-Plan social and educational events
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
LGBTQ+ Young Adult Support & Discussion Group
Fridays 4:00-5:00 (please call to find out more information)
Potential discussion topics:
Inclusive language, Sexual identity & mental health, Politics of coming out, Intersections of race and sexual identity, Self expression around gender + sexual identity
Location: 12 Prescott St, Arlington MA 02474
For more information, please call Alli or Inbal at (781)643-1668 or email email@example.com
Open to lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, queer, asexual, and allied youth aged 25 and under